Effective Date: 4/26/2021
This consumer privacy notice applies to any and all information submitted through Ecolimpet LLC webpage and/or app. It does not apply to any Ecolimpet LLC affiliates or entities that may be advertised through this platform.
We collect your personal data when you use our services, including purchasing items, participate in online discussions, or signing up for our newsletter. We also collect personal data from other sources, such as through affiliate companies or entities, data brokers, or word of mouth. We collect:
- Data that identifies you, such as your name, address, telephone numbers, email addresses, and your user name for community engagement
- Shipping, billing, and other information you may provide
- Personal interests, preferences, and purchase history
- Web cookies data about the pages you visit, the access time, frequency and duration of visits, the links on which you click and other actions you take as part of your use of our Services for advertising and email content
- The IP address from which your device accesses the Services
- Location data, including your general location data (e.g., IP address) and the precise location data of your mobile device. Please note that most mobile devices allow you to manage or disable the use of location services for all applications in the settings menu
We do NOT collect any financial information including credit/debit card numbers, PayPal information, banking information, or anything of the like. This information is processed and protected through a third-party Better Business Bureau ISO of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Concord, CA. We protect your personal data through technical and organizational security measures to minimize risks associated with data loss, misuse, unauthorized access, and unauthorized disclosure and alteration.
We use the collected data to better perform Services including
- Order fulfillment
- Selective marketing
- Customer service
Ecolimpet LLC does not engage in the sale of any data and will not release any personal information with the following notable exceptions:
- Participation in investigations and proceedings (including judicial proceedings) conducted by public authorities or government agencies, in particular, for the purpose of detecting, investigating and prosecuting illegal acts
- Prevention, detection, and mitigation of illegal activities
- Complying with information requests from third parties based on any statutory information rights they have against us (e.g. in the event of an intellectual property infringement, product piracy, or other unlawful activity)
- Ensuring the information security of our Services
- Retention and storage of your personal data to comply with specific legal retention requirements
Where necessary, we transmit your personal data to processors and the following recipients for one or several of the purposes described above:
- Law enforcement agencies, courts, government agencies or public authorities
- Third parties based on statutory information claims against us
- Third party service providers
- Third parties who are involved in judicial proceedings, in particular, if they submit a legal order, court order or equivalent legal order to us.
Your personal data will be stored by us and our service providers in accordance with applicable data protection laws to the extent necessary for the processing purposes. It can be deleted any time after legally required periods upon request from the individual.